Moth Software has announced Mail Archiver X 3.2 for Mac OS X, an update to their app that serves as a companion to the user's current email application/client, allowing consolidation, archiving, and permanent storage of emails. Emails may be saved in the application's native database format, or in Evernote, Filemaker, PDF, mbox, or Text formats. Archiving emails from a variety of email applications into a single database, the app prevents accidental deletions, facilitates quick searches, and eliminates the storage size limits imposed by many email apps and companies. By saving emails in a single, standardized format, users are ensured that they can read all their emails, even those from legacy applications, from which they have subsequently migrated.Read more
Beta 7 is again a bug fix release:
- Fixed a problem with all Outlook scripts failing. Outlook is now addressed with it's full path.
- Printing works again on Yosemite.
- When Postbox can't be quit there is now an error message.
- Mailboxes with a "\" in the name can be archived again from Outlook.
- Exporting to Filemaker works again.
The last Office version for the Mac was from 2011, which is ages ago in computer time. It's also had some security problems as it wasn't able to handle Gmail accounts for the high security settings anymore.Read more
Version 3.2 beta 6 fixes some bugs and crashes:
- Fixed a crash bug that occurred when opening an archive.
- Fixed a problem that prevented archiving from Outlook.
- Fixed a hard crash when reading huge mbox files.
- Fixed a few problems when archiving to Filemaker.
The latest public beta fixes the crash problem for Mail Archiver X on 10.10.3.
Want to become an Email Expert?
Learn about email troubleshooting and get news about email related topics. No spam, ever!